dinsdag 2 november 2010

Hariri proces steeds grotere dreiging voor Hezbollah

Het Hariri-proces wordt een steeds grotere bedreiging voor Hezbollah.

En zoals gebruikelijk wordt eerst naar Israel verwezen als de schuldige van de moord op Hariri of/en anders als plaats van valse beschuldigingen.

Intussen zijn onderzoekers al lijfelijk bedreigd door Hezbollah-aanhangers.

Nu dreigt Hezbollah ook met een staatsgreep als het onderzoek doorgaat.

Dat kan nog spannend worden, want het tribunaal laat zich vooralsnog niet intimideren.

MS

 

Haaretz 2/11/10

 

Lebanon sources: Hezbollah planning coup if charged in Hariri murder

 

 

 

  • Published 10:12 02.11.10
  • Latest update 10:12 02.11.10

 

Hezbollah chief last week urged Lebanon to halt its cooperation with the inquiry into the 2005 assassination and accused investigators of sending information to Israel.

 

Hezbollah is planning to seize control of the Lebanese government if charged by International Court of Justice over the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri, security sources in Lebanon said on Tuesday.

The sources told the A-Sharq al-Awsat daily that the militant group, the Amal faction and other pro-Syrian elements were coordinating a coup of Beirut and southern Lebanon, which they planned to split

 

Hezbollah chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah last week urged Lebanon to halt its cooperation with the inquiry into the 2005 assassination and accused its investigators of sending information to Israel, the latest escalation in a war of words over the inquiry which threatens to plunge the country into more turmoil.

Hezbollah, which is backed by Iran and Syria, stepped up its campaign against the tribunal after reports emerged in recent months that the court's prosecutor may indict members of the group sometime in the next few months.

"Any call to boycott the tribunal is an attempt to obstruct justice," a representative of the tribunal said. "The Special Tribunal for Lebanon will continue to rely on the full cooperation of the Lebanese government and the international community, according to its statute."

Nasrallah's remarks came after two international investigators were forced by a crowd of women to leave a doctor's clinic in southern Beirut, a bastion of Hezbollah, where they had made an appointment to review files.

The tribunal condemned what it called an "attack on its staff" and said it would not be deterred from its investigation.

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten